In today’s era of cut-throat competition our lives are brimming with the trivial hustle-bustle of everyday life. We’re running day and night, interacting with people, always on the go! In the chaotic hustle and bustle, we have all lost connect with the inner self.
Silence is a way of taking a pause to relax in an otherwise busy and noisy life. Contemplating about ourselves, can help us focus inwards and see the real face of the world.
Silence does not necessarily mean being lonely. It is not a void nor does it seem to be a loss or lack of language. Silence has certain energy. It helps people to think and act. Silence is a positive space where the mind is relaxed and things become crystal clear. It can be a mystical experience, one which takes you to a different place altogether.
We have all become habitual to jump onto conclusions without listening, and act without getting the hang of the situation, often sounding foolish. How much better would it be to be silent and listen? In a loud and distracting world, finding pockets of stillness and silence can certainly benefit us.
1. Silence gives us the ability to listen carefully. We often engage in listening only as a way of waiting, until it’s our turn to speak. Being silent will enable us to concentrate on the issue and improve our understanding, which won’t be possible if we attempt to intrude the conversation with our opinions. Listening is far more powerful than speaking.
2. Silence gives us the power to have a clearer and better view into the heart of others. Silence will enable us to understand the character and perspective of the one who’s talking. If we don’t keep calm and silent there are possibilities to misunderstand or misinterpret the other person. Well, this is what happens most of the times.
3. Silence is attractive to those who want someone they can share their thoughts with. People want someone, to be heard and understood. To them silence is charismatic and they get attracted to people who have the patience to listen to them. Each one of us is always looking for someone who remains silent and can listen to us.
4. Silence is a terrific substitute for self-control. In situations that go out of one’s hand, is often because of an emotional outburst. People with self-control tend to be patient to listen to others in a tough situation and probably find out solutions easily.
5. Silence represents wisdom and gives a chance to reflect before you speak. It gives a wider perspective into the situation and enables one to take decisions before taking an action. What you say will be to the point, intelligent and wise.
So, the next time you want to control a situation or get a better understanding of an issue or maybe, help out a person stuck in some problem- remain silent, and lend an ear before you take any decision and regret it later. Most of the problems will vanish if each one of us embrace silence. Silence is the most powerful tool in every situation and don’t mind the people who say being silent is being dumb.
About the Author:
Work in progress. Ambivert. Books are my best friend and writing gives me immense pleasure…
“Every secret of a writer’s soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind, is written large in his works.” – Virginia Woolf