Aren’t stilettos just your most prized possession? Put on the most gorgeous piece from your collection, but the look just ain’t complete without stepping into those stunning high heels. Of course, our feet may hurt as hell, but how we girls just can’t give up on the sexy stilettos, eh!
While you may sit there thinking that there’s no one who could know better about your sexy pair, we bring to you some surprising facts right here! Sure, you’ll thank us later.
- Stiletto style is named after a type of short knife or dagger that features a long and thin blade. As the fashion stylists say,this stylewill always be on the cutting edge of new fashion!
- Thanks to pop-cultural influences such as music videos, fashion-focused reality TV series and the ‘Sex and the City’ franchise, stilettos have become objects of art, fetishism and commercial fascination. They are also commonly referred to as “spiked” heels!
- Not all high slim heels merit the term ‘stiletto.’ Heels 5 cm (2.0 in) or shorter are called ‘kitten heels’instead. These heels are good for all day wear.
- Want to go for the best? Include Jimmy Choo, with their exceedingly high arches and customary straps over the forefoot; Christian Loubutin, with their trademarked red soles; and the Italian labelsVersace, Gucci, Fendi and Prada, which constantly push the envelope of putting women’s best elevated foot forward.
- While kitten heels are between 1.5 to 2 inches, the 3 inch heel is considered a classic heel heightand is acceptable to wear to work. A 4 inch heel is appropriate for after work and weekend activities. A 5 or 6 inch heel is less comfortable and more difficult to walk in. You may want to save these for when you will not do a lot of walking and only plan to wear them for a few hours.
- Stilettos work wonders for a woman’s figure. They make the legs look long and shapely, tuck in the tummy, lift the bottom, make hips sway. They make a woman look sexy and confident. What more can one want of a fashion accessory?
- Believe it or not, your feet can change sizes throughout the day, and they swell a little bit by the end of the day. Planning on purchasing one? Better try on late evening for the perfect size!And of course, walk around to know if you find them perfectly comfortable.
- Stilettos with a layer of rubber help prevent slippageand make it easier to walk. Some heels don’t have rubber or any kind of grip, and these definitely can be difficult to walk in and possibly even dangerous!
- A great quality pair of basic black heels can be worn with anything and will last forever. Similarly, a pair of nude high heels will never steer you wrong. Both of these styles can be worn for years and will still be ‘in fashion.’
- Stilettos should be worn for short time spans– two to four hours maximum. The sexy pair can enable you to turn from day-to-day lady to night vamp in one easy step. Mind it, eh!
- Stilettos cause steps to be shorter; this is normal. The higher the heel, the shorter your steps will be.Don’t try to stride like you would in sneakers. But what these heels inhibit in terms of speed, they restore by means of swagger. The stiletto, after all, was originally a weapon!
- Of course, it started from men! Yes! In the 10th century, men who rode horses needed their boots to have heels in order to stay in their stirrups. (Ever wonder why cowboy boots have heels?) They were the first one to wear heels. And since owning horses was a sign of wealth, heels became a signifier of aristocracy and high social standing, not gender.
- There is a genuine connect that women have with stilettos! Suzanne Ferriss, PhD, and editor of ‘Footnotes On Shoes,’ said that a woman’s addiction to buying heels triggers an area in the brain’s prefrontal cortex that is called the ‘Collecting Spot’. “These are a collector’s item, whether women realize they perceive them that way or not,” she said. Think about it, many women display their heels on very organized racks.
- The condition of having a high heel fetish has a name specified to it, and that’s ‘Altocalciphilia’.Way too obsessed eh?
- Every inch of heel height can put another 25 percent of your body weight onto your forefoot.That means, if you’re rocking 4-inch stilettos, you’re effectively walking on your tippy toes all day. Even a small ankle strap dramatically reduces the pressure.
Sure, fierce heels have come to be seen as powerful and sexy. They can elevate you, force you to throw your shoulders back and lift your head up, they can make you feel powerful! But, the traumatic effect these may have on feet in the long run is not alien. So be careful! After all no matter you walk in flats, walk in heels, Just walk confident! Walk sexy!
About The Author
I am the creativity lover.. and revel in art, books, food,
music,writing..! A fun loving sociable person, I relish trying new
things! ‘Strike Perfection! Enjoy the Bliss!’ ..That’s my way!