There is so much to do when you’re in college, from falling in love with your teacher to venturing off campus or even on campus with your buddies. A fresher looks forward to all these things with the most curious mind.
So, here’s how to brighten up your days, when you’re in SD College –
1. Join a club – A club adds good fun anytime. SD College has been proficiently running various clubs such as the photography club, literary club, music club, theater club etc. It will not only get you inspired and perform intellectual pursuit, but also help in your personality grooming.
2. Stay up in college till late – Stay up till late in college with your squad, appreciate how it looks abandoned, perform the craziest shit ever and enjoy the freedom. Groups are often seen in the canteen late after college hours just sitting there and having a laugh.
3. Take advantage of your campus, you’re paying for it – Why go to cafes and spend great bucks, when you can sit in the verdant gardens of the campus and play UNO, while sipping the rejuvenating ice-tea and gorging on the mouth-watering Maggi!
4. Sit in a class, which is not your subject – Yes, I know you ain’t that studious but, how about attending your crush’s class or playing pranks with random people? After all, there’s no loss even if they push you out of the class. Think about it.
5. Try the rajma-chawal of boy’s hostel – There’s always some fun, even when you don’t have a rupee in your pocket. All you need is some skills and tactics to enter the boy’s hostel’s mess and take your taste buds to an eternal ride to serenity, by their delectable rajma-chawal. However this only qualifies for boys, sorry ladies.
6. Sit in the Panchayat (read UMT) – If all the noise and the crowd is getting on your nerves or you’re having a bad day, it’s time to head to the tranquil UMT, and spend some me-time.
7. Participate in the on-going events – There are plenty of events happening in the college such as Panache, Virasat, MUN, Econophoria, and how can we forget the PU fests? No matter you win or lose, it will definitely be a cherishable experience.
8. Visit the library or reading room – Stuck in the college when your friends just happened to ditch you, and not come to college? Why not visit the library and check out the extensive range of books of almost every genre, or sit in the reading room, while going through your favorite magazine? It will certainly help you to break the blues.
9. Experience the election campaigns – The foremost thing you might experience, ELECTIONS. Campaigning is the best time of the year to develop contacts, and get your things done so efficiently. All the parties are going to be at the beck of your call, and what can be more pleasurable, if the party you’ve been supporting wins!
10. Hostel Delight – The hostlers could try something like rolling out of the bed and walk to the class in their superman pajamas.
Disclaimer – Don’t make a ritual out of it, the anti-ragging form only remains on paper.
You could even try dangerous things like learning your alcohol limits or falling in love. But take a note, it’s dangerous. And once you’ve fulfilled all these requisites. Go ahead and graduate!
About The Author
A stout believer of the doctrine of karma, and definitely an optimist. Bhavya suffers from a childhood syndrome, of laughing at serious situations and the same translates in her writings in the form of disastrous wit. Food, music and books are the definition of immense happiness.